Creating a blog is not exclusive to people who know coding. Anyone can create a blog, including you. How to create your own blog is very easy, even for those of you who don’t understand coding at all.
Yes, without understanding coding you can easily create your own blog. With the help of a blogging platform like WordPress, you can even create a blog in just a few minutes!
You’ve found the right article to guide you to blogging. In this article you will not only learn about how to technically create a blog on WordPress, but also how to optimize the blog that you have created.
How to create your own blog :
- Determine the Main Topic According to Your Interests
- Choose the Best Blog Platform
- Choose the Best Hosting Service
- Choose a Domain Name that is Easy for People to Remember
- Install WordPress.org
- Understanding WordPress Basics
- Even though it can be created in a few easy steps, a blog is able to provide considerable benefits. Not only for personal purposes but also for business. Anything else?
- Sharing knowledge. Blogs have long been known as a means of sharing ideas, experiences and knowledge. Not infrequently, internet users get the information they need from the blogs they visit.
- Develop Self Potential. Blogs are also a forum for bloggers to continue to develop their abilities. Starting from writing skills, to various special skills that are packaged in tutorial articles.
- Earning Money Online. Not a few bloggers use blogs to earn money through advertising through Google AdSense. No wonder they build blogs well. The more attractive the blog is, the more likely future visitors will click on the ads on their blog.
- Increase Website Traffic. Business blogs are often part of the company’s official website. Because, according to data, companies that have blogs can bring 55% more visitors to their website.
- Get Lots of Leads. If the blog content is interesting, it’s not difficult to get leads. Not infrequently blog visitors who are willing to provide personal data in order to get the latest article updates. In fact, the increase in leads from blogging activities can reach 126%.
- Increase Business Reputation. Quality content on a blog can show your level of expertise in a particular area. This can help build a good business reputation over the long term.
- Building Engagement. Blogs allow you to interact with visitors in the comments column. By giving the right answers to the feedback given by visitors, closeness (engagement) can be built properly.
Create a personal blog (5 basic steps to create a blog)
How to create your own blog below consists of six basic steps. From determining the main topic, choosing a blogging platform, choosing a hosting, determining a domain name, to understanding the basics of WordPress.
1. Determine the Main Topic According to Your Interests
Determining the main topic that you will discuss on the blog is an important foundation in creating a blog. By having a clear main topic, it will be easier for you to develop your blog in the future. You know what you want to achieve. You also know what kind of content you want to create.
Remember, you will be managing this blog for a long period of time. So make sure you choose the main blog topic that suits your hobbies and interests. That way you won’t feel overwhelmed in creating blog content.
There are many blog topics that you can raise. From traveling, culinary, parenting, marketing, technology, gadgets, sports, entertainment, art, music, culture, fashion, beauty, and many more.
Which topic is your passionate about?
Don’t believe the rumors that only certain topics can make you money. Because each topic has its own audience.
You can see some sample blogs to find inspiration for your blog. If you’re still confused, we have an article about the best blog niches you can try.
2. Choose the Best Blog Platform
Now you know what topics you will discuss on the blog. It’s time to move on to how to create a fairly technical blog, starting with choosing the best blogging platform. The blog platform is the medium that you will use to manage your blog, from publishing articles to blog optimization.
As I mentioned earlier, creating a blog is now easier. You don’t have to struggle with complicated codes to create a good quality blog. This is possible thanks to blog platforms such as WordPress and Blogspot.
Which is the best blogging platform for you?
Each platform has its own advantages and disadvantages. However, I recommend WordPress for you. There are many reasons why WordPress is the best platform for you to blog.
First, WordPress is beginner friendly.
With WordPress, you don’t need to understand coding at all to create a blog. Want to change your appearance? WordPress provides thousands of free and paid themes. Want to add a feature? Just install the plugin and you can easily add features to the blog.
Second, although it is easy to use, that does not mean the blog it produces is of low quality.
WordPress has been used by many of the world’s largest companies such as SONY Music, The Walt Disney, and Mercedes Benz.
Third, WordPress has a large user community.
That way you can easily find tutorials and guides using WordPress on the internet. There are many websites, groups, and online communities that share tips on using WordPress.
3. Choose the Best Hosting Service
In the previous point, I have mentioned a little about hosting. You need hosting to be able to use WordPress. Remember, I mean WordPress.org, not WordPress.com.
Maybe the term hosting is still not familiar to you. Simply put, hosting is a place to store all website files, from content, images, video, audio, text, themes, to settings.
If you use WordPress.com or Blogspot, hosting is automatically provided by these platforms. Now, when using WordPress.org, you have to rent a hosting independently.
There are various types of hosting that you can use, from shared hosting, cloud hosting, to VPS hosting. So which type of hosting is right for you?
Shared hosting is the type of hosting that is most suitable for blogs that are still in their infancy. Why? The reason is quite simple, namely because shared hosting is the cheapest type of hosting and the easiest to manage.
4. Determine a Domain Name that is Easy for People to Remember
Apart from hosting, you also need a domain for your blog. Domain is the address used to access your website. For example, Artsyken.com, the domain name is www.Artsyken.com.
Another advantage of using WordPress.org is that you are free to choose a domain extension. Unlike WordPress.com and Blogspot, which require you to add wordpress.com or blogspot.com to the back of your domain name.
WordPress.org allows you to choose any domain extension like
and much more.
So you can be creative, without the need to follow certain rules from the blog platform. In order for your blog to have an attractive and easy to remember domain name, you need to follow these tips:
Create a Spellable Domain Name
Make sure your domain name is easy to spell. You can use your name as a domain name. However, if your name is difficult to spell, it’s best to find alternatives. You can be creative using word combinations that describe yourself.
For example, suppose you are an expert in computers. You can use a name like computergeeks.com.
Choose a Short Domain Name
Create a short domain name. Actually the maximum limit for a domain name is 63 characters. However, it’s best to keep the domain name as short as possible to make it easier to memorize.
Avoid Numbers and Hyphens
Avoid numbers and hyphens. Numbers and hyphens can make it difficult for people to remember and pronounce your domain name. So you should avoid these two things.
5. Install WordPress.org